<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: February 2012: Month in Review

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Thursday, March 1, 2012

February 2012: Month in Review

Another month down and I'm just slightly ahead in my book challenge. Go me! Anyway, I managed 31 books this month, the bulk of which were YA and dystopian. The manga numbers are low, because InuYasha is so freaking long. My favorite reads are starred.

17 Young Adult:
Fever - Lauren DeStefano
Scarlet - A. C. Gaughen (Debut Author Challenge)*
Allegiance - Kayla Cluver*
The Hunt - Andrew Fukuda
The Declaration - Gemma Malley
The Inferior - Peadar Ó Guilín
The Fox Inheritance - Mary E. Pearson
Erebos - Ursula Poznanski
Memento Nora - Angie Smibert
Lockdown - Alexander Gordon Smith
Solitary - Alexander Gordon Smith
Death Sentence - Alexander Gordon Smith
Fugitives - Alexander Gordon Smith
This Is Not a Test - Courtney Summers*
Double - Jenny Valentine
Dead Beautiful - Yvonne Woon
Life Eternal - Yvonne Woon

9 Adult:
The Darlings - Cristina Alger
Pure - Julianna Baggott
Blue Monday - Nicci French
Midnight in Austenland - Shannon Hale
Drifting House - Krys Lee
The Royal Wulff Murders - Keith McCafferty
The Orchid House - Lucinda Riley
The Detour - Andromeda Romano-Lax
The Kama Sutra - Vatsyayana

3 Middle Grade:
Eye of the Storm - Kate Messner
Wonder - R. J. Palacio*
The Humming Room - Ellen Potter

1 Audiobook:
Brewster's Millions - George Barr McCutcheon

1 Manga:
InuYasha - Rumiko Takahashi

Books I Gave Up On:
Crossed - Ally Condie: Although I liked the first one alright, I was not hugely impressed. I probably liked the cover best of anything. Condie's writing didn't seem like anything special and the world building was largely derivative. Still, I wanted to try Crossed and was actually looking forward to it. Within the first few sentences, though, I became pretty certain I was going to hate the book, so I figured my time would be better spent reading other things.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home