<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Introducing...Me!

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Introducing...Me!

For several years, I have intended to get going on a book review blog, with smatterings of other content, but, through sheer laziness, have not done so until now. It seems appropriate to begin with a few comments about myself. I am a 22 year old librarian (cue Lily Allen's 22 on your playlist) from Georgia. No, before you ask, I do not have a southern accent. I am from the suburbs of Atlanta and never did have one, since my parents, like many residents of Atlanta, moved here from Ohio. I attended Hanover College in Hanover, Indiana and received a Bachelor's Degree a full year ago.
Realizing my calling as a librarian took a while, although it should perhaps have been a rather obvious choice, given my lifelong interest (read: nigh unhealthy obsession) in books. I had just never considered the possibility of being a librarian; once I did, it soon became evident that I was not suited to much else, which is perfectly fine with me. I just (literally just) finished my MLIS (Master's in Library and Information Science) at the University of Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, the economy has necessitated the rather shameful step of moving back home with my parents while I continue to hunt for one of the rare and mythical positions in a public library.
Enough about boring background! Let's return to the really interesting stuff: books! My parents bred the book love into me from birth, reading to me every night for years. I am grateful, although the people who "don't like reading" who come into contact with me may not be. I graduated pretty quickly from children's books to adult literature, since teen fiction was only just developing at that point. I gained an early appreciation for Jane Austen, which I retain to this day. My reading has gone through definite phases, which I say only to read the reader of this blog (presuming of course that one actually exists). Currently, I am reading a lot of teen fiction, but there will be other books that show up as well. My tastes are somewhat varied, so the reviews probably will be as well. Posts will, if I am diligent appear as often as I finish a book. To find out more about my reading habits and book crazy, visit me on Shelfari or Goodreads.
The final thing I want to say in this initial post is that I am a massive lover of movies, music and television shows as well, so expect quotes and references thrown in willy-nilly. Each blog post title will be a song title from my personal music collection. The title of my blog is drawn from a song as well. If anyone who reads this can tell me who the artist is, they win my respect and my recognition of their excellent taste.
The picture above is of my rather overloaded bookshelves. They are holding all 500+ books currently in my personal possession. A couple of shelves sag in the middle (poor dears), evidence of the toll they bear. Each shelf has a double layer of books, front and back. Even so, they barely fit. Yes, I do have another book case, but it's rather ponderous and I don't know how long I'll be in my parent's house. (Also, excuse the mess please, as I have only just gotten home from graduate school. Cleaning comes later...maybe.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog looks great.

Our company has been representing authors for the past twenty years.
We would love to add you to our database to receive press releases from them regarding books applicable to the genres you review.

Thank you in advance,

Ken Eason
Bostick Communications
ops@bostickcommunications.com

September 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger anya said...

Because I love this blog so much, I decided to find the first post and comment. Also because I am procrastinating on English. Now that I'm here, I have absolutely no idea what to say.

*awkward silence*

Well then.
Um.
Happy blogging and reading!!!!

<3

September 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Awwwww, thanks so much! That means a lot. *wipes away tear*

*hugs*

September 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home