<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Karma Police - Radiohead

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Karma Police - Radiohead

Fury
The Fury Trilogy, Book 1

Author: Elizabeth Miles
Pages: 330
ARC Acquired from: S&S Galley Grab

Brief Summary:
Em and Chase are both part of the popular crowd at their school. They get invited to the right parties and wear the right clothes. Em has recently developed a serious crush on her best friend Gabby's boyfriend. Chase is poor but uses what the family has to fit in. He is constantly on the lookout for a hot girl to date, also to help his status (and to get some). When he meets the elusive Ty, he thinks his luck is on the rise. Of course, maybe not.

Review:
I was super excited to read Fury, even though I knew absolutely nothing about it. Why? The drool-worthy cover. Well, this isn't the first time a pretty cover has led me astray. At first, I thought the cover was a total liar. It suggests fantasy and there was nothing too overt for a long time. I saw it coming, but it wasn't very interesting to me.The fantasy elements really felt rather secondary.

The first couple hundred pages of this book are like reading Gossip Girl or some other series about spoiled rich kids being spoiled and rich and obnoxious. Ugh. I hated Em from the beginning, with her stabbing her best friend in the back and her constantly getting her nerdy friend who's in love with her to drive her to parties. Why don't you help your friend JD be popular rather than mostly only hanging out with him in private? Chase is worse with his constant focus on popularity and getting into girls' pants. Worst of all by far is Zack, the cheating man ho that needs to just gtfo.

The book did get a little bit better, but I never really cared. The plot and characters remained sub par. There just were not any people that I cared about at all. A lot of it was predictable, but there were a couple of twists that did manage to catch me by surprise. The story alternates between chapters from Em's point of view and chapters from Chase's. The ending of Fury suggests that a sequel is inevitable, but I do not much care. I wish she'd wrapped it up in one, because I definitely was not interested enough to want to read another book, even though there's mythology in it.

The best part of the book was the cover, at least for me. However, if you love stories about spoiled teens and their drama, along with some vengeance tales to boot, you'll probably love Fury.

"This is what you get."

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nori said...

Haha. I think I saw this ARC at ALA, and loved the cover, but didn't take it because when I read the back, I was not impressed...I'm really glad I made that decision now!

July 3, 2011 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Lexie said...

I actually read this. Well, the first few chapters. I'm a sucker for good covers so when I actually saw this book, I was hooked by the cover. But when I read it, oh gosh, I immediately lose interest. I don't get it why they're like that so I stopped reading, didn't even bother to read the whole book. I just moved on with my next to-read book.

I thought I'm the only one who thought that it's not really that, you know, that's what not I'm expecting in this book. But, oh, well. Moved on. Haha. :D

May 14, 2012 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I REALLY wish that I had stopped. You were smart than I was.

May 14, 2012 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Lexie said...

haha! thank you! though it's still good that you still read the whole book. I mean so you could have your review and spread the word about what you think of it. :)

May 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home