<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Just Like Me - Paramore

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Monday, March 19, 2012

Just Like Me - Paramore

Eleven Minutes
Fracture, Book 0.5

Author: Megan Miranda
Pages: 28
Publisher: Bloomsbury

Description from Goodreads:
Fracture is told from Delaney's perspective, and if you've read the first two chapters, you know that she falls through the ice in chapter one, and she wakes up 6 days later. And what happens in between—well, that's Decker's story.

This is the story of those eleven minutes, and the six days that follow, from his perspective. Because while it must be terrifying to be trapped under the ice, it's a different kind of terror seeing your best friend trapped...

Especially if it's your fault.


Review:
In general, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this proliferation of tie-in stories for popular series. In theory, it could be awesome, especially since a lot of them are free on Amazon or other sites. I definitely am not a fan when they cost 3 dollars and are about fifteen pages long. Anyway, the problem is that, in my limited experience, they don't really add anything to the overall story. They're just a way for the author to gain more money and/or readers. So, I guess, I only like them if they're good and add something to the overarching story.

I loved Fracture; the writing, the story, the characters are all completely fascinating. In this short story, I was again sucked into Miranda's writing. This time we get to see the time Delaney was unconscious through from Decker's perspective. Of course, Decker is completely depressed/grieving/drowning in guilt.

As is pretty typical, nothing crucial happens in this brief story, because I don't think the authors count on folks reading series books that end in a .5. However, the story is beautiful, and reminded me just how amazing Fracture was.

You can read Eleven Minutes for free if you tweet or write a facebook post about it. To do so, click here.

Rating: 3.5/5

"You swallow your pride as you're left behind
Counting stars to name your lies
You let the light push you away
And now you're drowning in the waves.

And you never said
That you meant to save someone,
Somebody just like me.
And you never told me
You wanted to love someone,
Somebody just like me."

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Christina Kit. said...

I too agree with you that these tie-in stories (when short) should be super cheap or just free.

BUT I do love it when we get another character's POV, especially a character we absolutely love.

I love what Jennifer Armentrout did, posting specific crucial scenes from the POV of the guy (Aidan's) That's really great.

March 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I haven't read any Jennifer Armentrout, but I may need to check her out, because she is all over the blogosphere these days!

March 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home