<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Waiting on Wednesday (5)

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (5)


Thus far, I have not actually read any Juliet Marillier books yet, although I do own one. However, my friends have recommended her highly, as had April at Good Books and Good Wine, which means that I'm pretty freaking eager to read one of her books...and this one sounds amazing. I love fantasy! This definitely sounds like it should be an awesome read-a-like for Maria V. Snyder. :-D

Shadowfell
 
Author:
Juliet Marillier
Expected Publication Date: September 11, 2012
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Its name is spoken only in whispers, if the people of Alban dare to speak it at all: Shadowfell. The training ground for rebels seeking to free their land from the grip of the tyrannical king is so shrouded in mystery that most believe it to be a myth.

But for Neryn, Shadowfell's existence is her only hope. She is penniless, orphaned, and utterly alone - and concealing a treacherous magical power that will warrant her immediate enslavement should it be revealed. She finds hope of allies in the Good Folk, fey beings whom she must pretend she cannot see and who taunt her with chatter of prophecies and tests, and in a striking, mysterious stranger, who saves her from certain death but whose motives remain unclear. She knows she should not trust anyone with her plans, but something within her longs to confide in him.

Will Neryn be forced to make the dangerous journey alone? She must reach Shadowfell, not only to avenge her family and salvage her own life, but to rescue Alban itself.

This first novel in a new trilogy from enchanting fantasy author Juliet Marillier is a captivating tale of peril, courage, romance, and survival.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Kim@Time2Read said...

What a great cover! I'm not sure this is for me, but it DOES sound interesting!
My WoW!

April 25, 2012 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger starryeyedjen said...

You had me at "read-a-like for Maria V. Snyder"! I will be adding this to my TBR immediately (if it's not already there...that thing is so huge I forget what's already on it). GREAT PICK!

Thanks for stopping by my WoW post. You should definitely pick up the Soul Screamers series at some point...the books just get better and better as the series progresses. :D

Happy Wednesday!

April 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Totes plan to! I just need to deal with the craziness of my tbr list. Which I'm pretty sure may be more books than I could possibly read in my lifetime. *facepalm*

Oh well, I've always liked a challenge!

April 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

I've never heard of this before, but it sounds really good! Great pick :)

Here's my WoW!

April 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger Nori said...

Christina, please read her other books first! Her adult stuff is actually better than her YA, though I love her YA too. Please, pick up Daughter of the Forrest and then my favorite (Son of the Shadows). They are just so good!

April 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger ellepaulette said...

I want this book as well!

Thanks for sharing,
Dani
WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1983

April 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Audrey (Bibliosaurus Text) said...

Hmm, I might not have paid attention to this if you hadn't mentioned that it was recommended by so many people. Now I'm curious :-)

April 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Just to clarify, this specific title wasn't recommended by so many people, but the AUTHOR was. One of the recommenders is above, telling me to being with Daughter of the Forest.

Whether I wait will depend on whether Random House approves me for all of the things. :-p

April 25, 2012 at 11:05 PM  
Blogger Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

This sounds like a great read and was new to me..thanks for sharing it.

April 25, 2012 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger Anita Grace Howard said...

I'm so glad I stopped over! Juliet Marillier is one of my literary crushes (doesn't matter that she's a girl...she ROX). Daughter of the Forest was an amazing series. I'm so excited she has this new title! Going on my TBR today. Thanks!

April 26, 2012 at 12:10 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Aww, yay! Crushes can be on anyone, especially the general admiration and want to be their best friend kind! :D

April 26, 2012 at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home