<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Top Ten Tuesday (1): Top Ten Books I Would Like to See Made Into Movies

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (1): Top Ten Books I Would Like to See Made Into Movies

Or, Top Ten Books I Feel Filmmakers Might Not Mess Up


Generally, I'm a bit skeptical of having my favorite books made into movies, mostly because I have been betrayed before. *shakes fist at the Harry Potter movies, among others* However, I'm going to take a chance here. Some things that I think would be awesome I left out, because I already know they're being filmed or television showed, though, honestly, some of these could be in the works too, considering how little attention I pay to that stuff.
1. The Uglies Series - Scott Westerfeld

I didn't love these books, but I just think they would work. First of all, this movie would have eye candy like WHOA. Think about it! Plus, his books have a ton of action and excitement. These could be epic movies.

2. Unraveling - Elizabeth Norris

I only just read this one, and I totally loved it. A movie would be epic. There's so much tension and drama. Plus, some of the things that inspired it were cinematic, so it ought to work well.

3. After the Golden Age - Carrie Vaughn

Superheroes! Sarcasm! Where could this go wrong? Of course, I don't think this would ever happen, because people want comic book superheroes. Don't care. I think it would be great!

4. Lunar Chronicles - Marissa Meyer

These obviously aren't finished yet, but I think Cinder would make an amazing film, and I'm counting on Meyer to keep up the awesome. For one thing, I think this movie could be beautiful, seeing the city and space and the tech! Also, cyborgs and robots and pretty dresses. Yes!

5. Across the Universe Series - Beth Revis

Space is so pretty. Cinematically, this could be so completely gorgeous and beautiful to look at. Actually, I would be surprised if the film rights haven't been at least purchased. This could even be in the works.


6. Killer Unicorns - Diana Peterfreund

If they got this wrong, it would go SO wrong. The unicorns need to look intense and seriously terrifying. If they do it right, this would be so freaking cool. Although I can already envision all of the parents who took their precious snowflakes to the unicorn movie without having researched. They should make it just for that. My guess is their would need to be a third book with a happier ending or that they would redo the ending of book two though.

7. Leviathan Series - Scott Westerfeld

Westerfeld is not my favorite author ever, but he has such cool ideas, and I really just feel like it would be awesome to see all of the things he wrote, which is why he gets to be on here twice. Steampunk awesomeness. Also, I tend to love gender bender movies.

8. Croak - Gina Damico

This I want to be a movie ONLY if they hire the right producer, namely Bryan Fuller (who did Wonderfalls, Pushing Daisies, and Dead Like Me. I think he's pretty much the only guy who could get the mood just right. *glories in what this movie would be like*

9. Y: The Last Man - Brian K. Vaughn

Again, I maintain a healthy skepticism about a filmmaker's ability to pull this off, but, if they did, it would be so freaking awesome. Also, if you like graphic novels and haven't read this, go do so, like, immediately.

10. Almost Perfect - Brian Katcher

This would have to be done PERFECTLY. Otherwise, it would be a mockery. Almost Perfect is the story of a boy who falls for a girl, only to discover that she used to be, and still is partly (not done with the transgender process), a boy. Done right, I think this could be an incredibly important and moving film.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger fakesteph said...

Killer unicorns in a movie NEEDS to happen! And I would love to see Uglies (I've said it before, but... HOVERBOARDS!) and Cinder on the big screen, too!

May 1, 2012 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Right?!?!?! I now really want to see most of these happen, or even all. Come on, Hollywood, listen to me. I'm a genius. I know I have better ideas than you. Why? You though Savages and Battleship were a good idea. Hint: They're not.

May 1, 2012 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Owl In A Cloak said...

Scott Westerfeld books, hell yes!

May 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Farah said...

Yeah. Totally agree with Lunar. Awesome list! :D

Drop by my Top 10?

May 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE your list. There are a few books I haven't read yet, but want to, and this makes them even more intriguing (like After the Golden Age for instance:) And I totally agree w/ you about the Uglies Series, major eye candy! And anything that has steampunk elements scores with me:) Awesome line up Christina!

May 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

oh I think Across the Universe could be really cool! I need to still read The Uglies I've heard great things.

marissa
http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

May 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I love After the Golden Age. You should totally check it out!

May 1, 2012 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger fishgirl182 said...

cinder and y the last man are on my list, too. i think y should be a tv series though. more time to play with the whole story. and i keep hearing amazing things about unraveling. i really need to get it soon. great list!

my top ten tuesday

May 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Oooh, tv series would be better. Too late to change it now, though. *sighs*

May 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Ally @ Rally the Readers said...

Leviathan would be cool to see on screen. Westerfeld does have a great imagination. I haven't read the Uglies yet but I'm looking forward to it!

May 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home