<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Waiting on Wednesday (16): The Wrap-Up List

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (16): The Wrap-Up List

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

So I was doing my weekly hunt through Goodreads and I found something totally awesome. I've never heard of the book or the author before, but the concept is super fascinating, don't you think. What would you do if you found out you were scheduled to die? This sounds like a concept that I've only seen in manga, and I'm really curious to see how he'll make it work. I also really like the cover, simple as it is.

The Wrap-Up List

Author: Steven Arntson
Expected Publication Date: January 8, 2013
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Synopsis from Goodreads:

In this modern-day suburban town, one percent of all fatalities come about in the most peculiar way. Deaths—eight-foot-tall, silver-gray creatures—send a letter (“Dear So-and-So, your days are numbered”) to whomever is chosen for a departure, telling them to wrap up their lives and do the things they always wanted to do before they have to “depart.” When sixteen-year-old Gabriela receives her notice, she is, of course devastated. Will she kiss her crush Sylvester before it’s too late? Friendship, first love, and fantasy artfully mesh in this magically realistic world that ultimately celebrates life.

15 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

This one looks really great. Almost like a forced bucket list type deal with a thriller twist. Very original. Great pick!
my WoW

July 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger fakesteph said...

Oh wow. I hadn't heard about this, but I love the premise and I think I actually HAVE to read this.

July 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger LilyElement said...

Haven't run across this before, but it looks great. Love the idea behind it, will have to check it out when it is released! Thanks.

Here is my Wow!

July 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A YA bucket list? sounds intriguing!

My WoW

@TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

July 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting choice, sounds good.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

July 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Theta Sigma said...

This sounds like a really interesting novel with a meshing of interesting themes (YA romance, bucket list and thriller).

Great choice for WoW.

July 18, 2012 at 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Katie @ BlookGirl said...

Oh my gosh! This DOES sound good! It's kind of creepy, too, but now I'm dying to read it. Great find, Christina! :-) It seems we have a LOT of good books to look forward to in 2013.

July 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Right? 2012 has so much great stuff, and I think 2013 is shaping up to be EVEN MORE AWESOME. My tbr pile cannot be conquered.

July 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Wow..this sounds cool...and it's new to me so thanks for sharing it and for stopping by My WoW

July 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Kimberly @ Midnight Book Girl said...

This is the first I've heard about The Wrap Up List and it sounds really good! And it's something a little different too :)

July 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger Aneeqah said...

How have I not heard of this before?! It sounds totally awesome PLUS creepy. That's a totally win-win situation! I seriously haven't heard anything like this before, but am loving the idea for it. This is definitely going on my TBR!

Fabulous pick Christina! <3

-Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

July 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Giselle said...

Oh neat this sounds good I hadn't heard of it before! Great pick!

July 19, 2012 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

Haha, the premise reminds me a bit of I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak, one of my all-time favorite books. Awesome pick!

July 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I really liked I Am the Messenger!

July 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I found something you hadn't heard of.

*does celebratory dance*

July 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home