<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Cover Snark (26)

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cover Snark (26)

Welcome to Cover Snark, where you can feel free to let your judgmental flag fly. For those of you who are new to Cover Snark, don't worry, this is all in fun and you are welcome to share your opinions. Covers are subjective, so let me know what you like and what you don't, even if you don't agree with me.

This week's covers were fairly middle of the road, no spittakes, but nothing that was OMG amazing either. For me, at least. What do you think?

Jenny Plague-Bringer (The Paranormals #4) - JL Bryan
 Thoughts: That boat does not look well-constructed. I really want to forcefeed this model ALL OF THE SANDWICHES. However, I do think this cover is lovely. The tag line even isn't so bad, as tag lines go.

 Release (The Protector #3) - M. R. Merrick
Thoughts: While this wouldn't necessarily make me stop and pick it up, I do think this cover is beautiful, and it's cooler the more I look at it. First off, I have to say props for finally using a title font that doesn't scream indie. Also, I'm loving all the different bits of nature in that building. The colors are fantastic and rich as well.

 Neverfall (Everneath #1.5) - Brodi Ashton
 Thoughts: It's okay, but I'm not as much a fan of the silhouette technique. I still have yet to like a cover in the series as much as the first one. Isn't the point of the pretty dress cover to make me drool over the dress? I can't if I can't SEE the dress.

Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles #6) - Alyxandra Harvey
Thoughts: Looking up the covers for this series, I have made up my mind that the cover designers could not make up their minds. Even the redesigns don't seem consistent all the way through. It's pretty funny. So for Blood Prophecy here, is that the same guy from  the Lux covers? Because it looks like him, especially with the floppy hair and stubble face. Actually, both of them have a serious case of strange hair. Much as I love filigree, it's really not doing anything for me here, though I do like the idea of it.

Codex Born (Magic Ex Libris #2) - Jim C. Hines 
 Thoughts: I'm pretty sure it's immensely obvious I included these because the subject is bookish. Though I really hate the color scheme of this cover, I do like that it has a book on it and that the girl looks pretty badass. However, why is she coming out of a tree? Is she part tree? Does she live there? Is this a magical sneak attack? If so, why not magic yourself a better weapon while you're at it?

Purgatory Reign - LM Preston
Thoughts: This is a public service announcement from Mr. Fluffy Hair and His Butt: Never fight cougars unless you needed a new shirt anyway.

Trash Can Days: A Middle School Saga - Teddy Steinkellner
 Thoughts: Well, I like the library. I think it's interesting that some of the characters are in color. Our MCs perhaps? That would be pretty cool. Otherwise, it's not doing anything special for me. I'm not a huge fan of the whole extra large head art style.

Every Never After (Once Ever Never #2) - Lesley Livingston 
Thoughts: First thought: A Lesley Livingston series I haven't heard of...how did this happen? Oh, it's only published in Canada. That will do it. Anyway, this cover is both beautiful and seriously creepy. What's up with that bird, though? It's obviously about the series, but the white one just looks way lamer than the black one.

Belonging (Temptation #2) - Karen Ann Hopkins
Thoughts: I want to make fun of this, because this series sounds completely awful, and the reviews are worse. But the cover itself is pretty. Not mind-blowingly so, but still. I will say, though, that that male model rocks suspenders, and I want her dress.

Invisibility - David Levithan & Andrea Cremer 
 Thoughts: Well, I really love the way they did the title and author names. However, I do wonder whether invisible boys really wear clothing. Also, he's might visible. I really hate the girl's outfit too. It upsets me.

Manology: Secrets of Your Man's Mind Revealed - Tyrese Gibson & Rev Run
 Thoughts: First thought: BAHAHAHAHAHA. Second thought: BAHAHAHAHAHA. Third thought: Damn but Tyrese Gibson is a pretty man.

French cover of: Legacy (Night School #2) - C.J. Daugherty
Thoughts: Strangely, the French cover was revealed before the American cover. Anyway, I really like it.The bright color of the lead is eye-catching, even if I don't know WHY she's holding a leaf. Whatever, it's fall. Let's ALL HOLD LEAVES.

One Sweet Ride (Play by Play #6) - Jaci Burton
  Thoughts: So, we have sexy, half-naked guy, who is obviously pensive/tortured because he's looking down. When I feel tortured, I always undress halfway. He's apparently a car racer, which makes the helmet hilarious to me, even though my research indicates that they DO actually wear helmets to drive cars at insane speeds. Things I didn't know. Also, there's the clever double entendre of the title.
The Ballad of Aramei (The Darkwoods Trilogy #3) - J.A. Redmerski
Thoughts: Well, I'm very thankful that this cover isn't creepy werewolfy guy grabbing her in a controlling way or about to eat her nose. His fingernails still get me, though. I mean, LOOK AT THEM.

Edge of Black - J.T. Ellison
 Thoughts: Nice colors, but otherwise boring. I do like the detail on the tree.

Blood and Mistletoe (Ivy Granger #1.5) - E.J. Stevens 
 Thoughts: You're all probably expecting me to make fun of this no end, and, yeah, it's ridiculous, and the fonts are awful. BUT. I like it. I don't know. I think it's hilarious, a great mockery of all of these romances with undead creatures.

The Beautiful and the Cursed - Page Morgan
 Thoughts: I'm so beautiful it's a curse. I just can't. I can't. *faints* Something tells me I would hate this.

Once Upon a Twisted Time - Lindsay Avalon; Trish M. Dawson; Miranda Stork; Tara S. Wood
 Thoughts: Decent. I like the fonts. I could do without the floral filigree and her grumpy face, though.

 Hammer of Angels (Shadowstorm #2) - G.T. Almasi
Thoughts: I love how badass these covers are. These girls look seriously dangerous. Why are they so narrow, though?

Crave the Darkness (Shaede Assassin #3) - Amanda Bonilla
Thoughts: More badass lady covers! This is definitely the best one in the series, because her hair looks way better. I have two criticisms: 1) I totally thought she was pulling the sword out of her breasts because of how it lines up with the strap. 2) Sword fighting with an exposed stomach seems really dumb. Why not wear a full body suit in leather? It may not stop most strikes, but it would save you from a graze!

Cover Battle: Boundless (Unearthly #3) - Cynthia Hand
US vs. Australia: Okay, so, I really love the US covers as a series, but, in a head to head, I think I have to go with the Australian cover. It's just more interesting, and the colors are so vibrant I can't stop staring!

Cover Battle: The Underworld - Jessica Sorensen
 Original vs. Redesign: The new cover does have a prettier background, but I don't know. Something about it bothers me. Maybe it's the water. Or, actually, I think I've got it: the fact that the light part of the cover makes a freaking heart. STOP MAKING HEARTS ON COVERS.

Cover Battle: Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles #3) - Melina Marchetta
 Australia vs. US: I can't choose. What do you guys think? The model on the Australian cover terrifies me, but otherwise I love the cover style to the Aussie cover way better than the boring American one. 'Look, I can balance a spear on my nose!'

WTF Cover of the Week: Ain't Too Proud to Beg - Chicki Brown
Thoughts: Ain't too proud to be for what? A body? A name better than Chicki Brown? A new car from the 'rents, since you crashed the last one? A better cover?

Outstanding Cover of the Week: Jenny Plague-Bringer by JL Bryan

Labels:

30 Comments:

Blogger Blogger10 said...

I gotta say, I really really REALLY love your cover snark. Gives me lot of laughs each week!!

October 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks so much!

October 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger April (BooksandWine) said...

I love the Australia cover of Boundless! It's so pretty.

And okay, I still giggled over that Mistletoe cover hahahaha.

October 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Bekka said...

1. I didn't even realize this is a series. Jenny Plauge-Bringer is the worst title ever. There has to be a better way to say this. Like Jenny Pestilence or something. Anything. The cover itself fits nicely with the series, except for one. Go ahead, guess which one.

2. I don't know. Everything about Release screams indie to me. I really, really hate it, no matter how nice the author may be, or how great his books are.

3. I think they did well with this cover, seeing as it's a novella. It's keeping with the theme of the series without going all-out. As I was looking at it, I thought it looked like a novella, and THEN I realized it is. I like it, and for what they tried to do, I think it works. As a full on book, though, I'd hate it.

4. That is definitely the couple from the Lux series! They took wayyyy too many pictures of these people. At least his creepy eyes are hidden.

5. WOW that's awful. Her face, the fact that she's holding a wrapping-paper tube, and those awful shorts all on top of a missing leg (or a tree for a leg, who knows.) I just can't.

6. His jeans just scream 90s to me. I don't know. And maybe his shirt was a stylistic choice. You ever think of THAT? Of course not, you have sense.

7. Awe I love the Trash Can Days cover, especially the boy shoved into the trash can. Comedy.

8. I have a few things wrong with this series. Well, one thing, but it's two words. Her name. Clarinet Reid. I AM NOT KIDDING. Also, I had a copy of this but gave it away. My library has a copy of this, too, but I'm not in Canada. Interesting.

9. I have to say, I've had enough with the sunset silhouette thing.

10. I basically agree with everything you said about Invisibility. The title and author name reminds me of Jennifer Brown's covers (Hate List, Bitter End, Perfect Escape.) But the models and the invisible-ness are ridiculous. Also, who HASN'T Levithan written a book with? Me. That's it.

11. I AM DYING. Take away all the title and author madness written all over the cover and this could be a very strange erotica. Just throwing that out there.

12. The covers in the Night School series are everything I usually try to avoid and yet I LOVE THEM. It's not logical but I love them, and I really like this second one a lot! The colors are gorgeous. I vote for more blue on covers from now on.

October 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Bekka said...

13. He shaves his chest for aerodynamics. And he isn't brooding, he is confused. He could have SWORN he put on a shirt this morning.

14. THESE FINGERNAILS CONFUSE ME. His hand is facing away from the camera, so his nails would be hidden from view by their hands. So they're her fingernails, but they're weird and big and sort of hairy round the knuckle. *doesn't get it*

15. Boring and also weird. That big branch on top looks like it belongs in the jungle, but the model is clearly in a pine forest. Hrmph.

16. The model's hair, makeup, and tattoos make up for the rest. But if that weird embossing wasn't applied to the entire image, and the font was different it would be AMAZING.

17. But you don't understand! Being thin, young, white and therefore the marker of beauty is a CURSE DUH.

18. Once Upon a Time I was bored to tears. And then I took a closer look at her bangs and laughed and laughed and laughed.

19. I was laughing because I thought you meant the girls looked narrow, and to me they look perfectly proportionate. Then I realized you meant the images themselves. Boy am I tired.

20. I like that she looks intimidating and strong, but I agree with the ridiculousness of her wardrobe choices. UGH. It's all over fantasy media (games, movies, books) but it's illogical. *grumbles about sexism*

21. Eeee I love the alternate cover. Too bad I all ready have the Normal Norman covers :(

22. I know I voted for more blue earlier, but I really hate the new Jessica Sorensen covers. They're so boring and bland. Not that the old ones were any better, but at least they didn't have a cloudy heart.

23. I have to be honest hear, I don't like either of them. But if I had to pick on to be on my shelves, I'd pick the Aussie cover. It's green and doesn't have a letter opener on it.

24. I don't actually think I have anything to add. Other than I just don't get it. And why?

October 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger Steena said...

Jenny Plague-Bringer: Except for the second book (what the hell happened there?), I like these covers as a series. The dawn/dusk sky is nice but it seems the model never quite knows what to do with her arms. Is she yawning? Stretching? Shielding her eyes?

Release: I have seen this cover popping up a lot lately and, I'll be honest, I don't like it. It reminds me of a really bad D&D illustration. "You pass over the whirling vortex and through a crumbling archway. Beyond, lightning streaks across a stormy and tempestuous sky."

Neverfall: For me, this cover is tied for first. The title and author name are boring, though I do like the font. But I enjoy the dark silhouette and wispiness.

Blood Prophecy: I expect more blood.

Codex Born: If I had any sort of Photoshopping skill I would turn that girl into Codex from The Guild.

Belonging: I hate myself for liking this because of his suspenders.

One Sweet Ride: What does "A Play-By-Play Novel" mean? Do I want to know?

Edge of Black: I would like this cover so much more if it didn't have the NYTimes blurb at the bottom and the author name weren't blocking the tree. The color scheme and impressionist style draw me.

Blood & Mistletoe: I do and do not like this cover. I think I really like the subject matter and the color scheme but, I agree, the font choices and whatever that smudgey grey stuff is supposed to be do not help.

Boundless: The AU cover is tied with Neverfall for first place in my heart this week. Maybe it's because it's fall but probably not. So pretty! But why is there so much verbage on covers now? You don't need two blurbs on the cover. Really, I think ALL blurbs should go on the back.

Quintana of Charyn: The model of the AU cover would be perfect as Bertha in Jane Eyre.

Ain't Too Proud to Beg: Well, obviously you are too proud to beg, because otherwise you would have begged for help to fix this awful cover.

October 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger M.A.D. said...

One Sweet Ride ... I dunno, but I'm left feeling vaguely uncomfortable with his pants half undone. Definitely I would hide this cover from my kids lol

Blood & Mistletoe I absolutely LOVE!!!

And, maybe I missed 'em, but where are all the butterflies??? Have they died off because it's fall? Or did cover designers finally get the drift that we're sick to death of butterflies ...

October 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

1. Yup. I don't know what the deal is with that one either. Probably they tried a different direction and realized it was a bad one, but then didn't bother redoing its design.

2. Eh, this one doesn't scream indie to me as much as the other two.

3. Yeah, I guess it does make sense not to get you too excited for a novella, since the between book ones tend to not really having any meat to their bones, or dresses to their bodies I guess.

4. Wow, so I'm not crazy. Why do people like them on covers so much?

5. Haha, get your rant out!

6. Oh right, I forgot. That shirt probably cost him 56 dollars at Abercrombie. He wears it with his bright blue 90s jeans.

7. Poor kid in a trash can.

8. OMG, REALLY? THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!!! Hmmm, well GR said Penguin Canada. I don't know.

9. Yup. It's nothing new.

10. Oh yeah, truth. It is like a Jennifer Brown cover, but I like the colors and the way they contrast but work. Levithan does like collaborating. I can't blame him. I would TOTALLY want to do that as well.

11. It does look like the reverend is about to beat Tyrese Gibson. lol. For pleasure...

12. I love blue! Also, this is good use of orange, which usually I don't like. I always feel like such a chump when I know I SHOULD hate a cover, but I love it instead!

October 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

13. Oh, man, I HATE when I forget where I put my shirt!

14. Spoiler for the fact that she too is now a werewolf monster thing/whatever the hell the creatures are?

15. You care more about trees than I do.

16. I like the embossing around the edge, but it takes up too much of the bottom. If they fixed the font treatments too, it really would rock.

17. BUT I DO. THAT IS MY LIFE. Well, I used to be young. But I'm still white...and moderately attractive!

18. She does have stupid bangs. There should be a term for a bang bald spot.

19. Bahaha, yes, the girls look normal. In fact, they actually look muscular, rather than like waifs. I love that about urban fantasy covers.

20. To be fair, I don't want the dudes to be half naked either! I mean, she looks good and all, but SHE'S GONNA GET STABBED IN THE STOMACH.

21. You can send me your 'boring covers' and collect the new ones. :-p

22. I hate hidden hearts on covers. ARGH. Yeah, I don't love either, but... meh.

23. Letter opener! *snerk*

October 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Jenny: No clue what happened there, but it was definitely unfortunate.

Release: YOU ARE SO RIGHT. Oh, D&D. *snorts in a ladylike manner*

Neverfall: You've seen the Everneath cover, right? It's pretty dress at its best!

Blood Prophecy: There is a distinct lack of blood there.

Codex Born: YES! That would be automatic win!

Belonging: Right? Suspenders should make a comeback instead of 80s fashions.

One Sweet Ride: It's the series the book is in.

Edge of Black: The blurb kind of has to be there, though, because it's the only reason I have any conception of what this book's genre is.

Blood & Mistletoe: Yup. Still, way better than I expected it to be when I saw the thumbnail!

Boundless: This is a VERY chatty cover. I don't know why they did that. It makes some amount of sense on a debut or new series, but why on the final book in a series? If we haven't read it, we're not going to start with book 3!

Quintana: She's definitely scary enough.

Beg: They should be begging for help RIGHT NOW.

October 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

No butterflies this week! They'll probably be back. I don't have that much faith in designers. :-p

October 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Kayla Beck said...

Again, I am rushed so I can't subject you to my tiring snarkiness about hating every cover I ever see. First - thank you for the pretty men. The covers may be awful, but I will definitely allow the one with Tyrese. I don't have time to deal with Mr. Fluffy Hair today. Or ever. *glares at cover artist* Secondly - The Underworld's redesigned cover made me laugh maniacally. On my laptop, it looks like a fish is about to swim up and kiss the model. Or eat her face. I had to look at the bigger version, and I guess it's her arm. I think it should have been a fish. Much more entertaining. *wanders off to think about large-mouth bass and angsty teen girls*

October 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Adriana @ BooksOnHerMind said...

lol. I didn't notice that part of the boat. Why does she need more sandwiches? Some people just are naturally skinny. Just saying.

I thought you were totally going to snark about the Protector books while I thought they were pretty good. Maybe not so much the second book. This is an indie book? Good for that author.

I am really not liking the new kissing or about to kiss cover theme nowadays. No. -__-

Ooh! Love the Livingston book. Never heard of the author. Must check her out.

Manology? Really? I doubt the validity of that book *narrows eyes*

What!? No. That leafy french cover is horrible. The first book? I s pretty though.

LMAO! "I'm so beautiful it's a curse."

But the Boundless cover for that series are like iconic in my mind. They all have the same theme which I like with one distinct cover. I kind of like the wine color for this new one but I much prefer the first purple books.

I actually like Every Never After's cover the most.

October 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Australian covers are always so much better I find.

It's funny because when I saw the Jenny cover I thought it was too bright for the series and it kind of was a turn off for me. I had a lot more to say about this post, but once again I scrolled to the bottom and have no effing idea. OH! I like the Brodi Ashton one! I love the silhouette look!

October 4, 2012 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Blythe Harris said...

Have I ever told you how much I love your Cover Snark posts? Because I do. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Australian cover for Boundless. IT IS SO GORGEOUS AND ORANGE I WANT TO EAT IT SOMEONE LET ME EAT IT. I also really like the cover for Invisibility, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. I've only read one novel by Levithan (Every Day), and I loved it a lot, but I haven't heard the best things about Cremer's Nightshade trilogy, so it should be an interesting duo. Here's to hoping it doesn't end up being a trainwreck! And I also am not a fan of the French cover for the new Night School cover. It just looks odd to me.

October 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Hahaha, well, I'm glad you like the pretty men, at least, even if you loathe their covers.

HAHAHA. I thought it was a dude, like the back of a head?

October 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I know some people are naturally skinny, but, to me, she looks unhealthy and gaunt.

Yup, indie. The second one definitely has the worst font choices.

I don't think any of the about to kiss/kissing covers have been favorites of mine.

She's most famous for a fairy series that I'm blanking on the name of.

Hahaha, I included it because I thought it was hilarious!

Really? No leaves for you.

My life, it is a burden.

The first cover in the Unearthly series is my favorite by far, I agree with you, and I do love the way the series looks. Boundless is my least favorite, just because the shade doesn't quite work for me, but still very pretty.

Cool! It was one of the ones I was considering. I just had trouble deciding this week.

October 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I'm always so envious of foreign covers. GIVE ME THE UK AND AUSTRALIAN COVERS!

I like the brightness of the Jenny cover, because it seems like it suits the evolution of the books, but, then again, I haven't read them...so I could be lying.

October 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Yay! That makes me smile!

Oooh, it does look kind of like delicious, tropical fruits, no?

Invisibility has a lot of promise, but I remain skeptical, due to, as you mentioned, the Nightshade trilogy. I read two of the books and they're not great. BUT David Levithan seems like awesomeness, so...WANT.

October 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM  
Blogger Lynn K. said...

Noooo I typed out really long comments on a number of covers but accidentally closed the browser. ;A;

Attempt 2:

Neverfall - Feels a bit meh after seeing the gorgeous details of Everbound.

Blood Prophecy - They are the models for the Lux novels Pepe and Sztella (not that I'm a stalker or anything... :P) Their hair was probably windblown in the photo and when cropped out it looks weird. o.o

Purgatory Reign - I kind of liked it...until I noticed his hair.

One Sweet Ride - LOL

The Ballad of Aramei - At least all the covers match. :D Wonder if they did a custom photoshoot?

Hammer of Angels - BADASS! She's wearing practical clothing too :D

Crave the Darkness - LOL. I also thought she was pulling it from her boobs

Boundless - The Aus cover is simply gorgeous!

Quintana of Charyn - My initial reaction was hfsjhFhzCHNOOOOOOOOOOO because I LOVE the Aus cover. The more I look at it the better I like the new model but the spear on her nose...no.

October 5, 2012 at 3:13 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Omg it IS the models from the Lux series! They're everywhere! I even saw him on a box of hair dye - seriously! And his hair had been made blue digitally, which amused me immensely.

October 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Kayla Beck said...

I will ALWAYS allow the pretty men. Especially Tyrese. Or Shemar Moore. And Jonny Lee Miller! Can we pleeeeease get a cover with all three of them, publishers?!?! I'll do the necessary photography session - no pay!

Umm... Yeah, I need to go back to work. :-D

October 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Kara_Malinczak said...

None of them are too bad this week. Some of them are actually good. But I have an AWFUL cover for you. You need to DM me on Twitter so I can point it out to you. I would tell you here, but I know the person and I don't want anyone to know it was me that ratted. LOL.

October 5, 2012 at 11:52 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Why am I always late? Oh yes, because I suck. Anyways, on with the snarking!

I've always loved J.L Bryan's covers - they're got that lovely creepy feeling without being completely in yo face.

M.R. Merrick's covers are cool, I like that the longer you look at them the more little features there are.

I like the title font of Nevermore, but not a huge fan of the cover (even though it's one without a face, hurrah!).

That Lux guy gets around!

Ohhhh a fighting tree - that's awesome!

Mr Fluffy Hair could benefit from some product, stat!

The face of the girl on Every Never After freaks me out. Just sayin'

I love the covers of the Temptation series, and I actually REALLY LIKED the first book. I thought it would be all sappy teenage stuff but it's a pretty interesting storyline, if a little unrealistic.

Yep, Invisible girl needs a wardrobe overhaul for sure.

Manology cannot be a long book - writing about beer, sport and sex can't take up that many words, surely. (sorry, sexist comment just fell out there!)

One Sweet Ride man is hot. Didn't notice anything else on that cover, sorry.

Freaky hands alert! The veins on his arm are icky too!

Hurrah for piss-taking (even if it wasn't meant that way) romances with creepy undead thingies.

God it must be hard being beautiful and cursed AND in Paris. Bitch.

YEAH! For Australian covers. Now, just to find out how to get them.

If Chicki Brown is a pen name, that's some damn bad choosing. If it's a real name, get a pen name. Really.

That was fun, as always :-D

October 6, 2012 at 3:54 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Neverfall - Exactly how I feel, though I liked Everneath, not Everbound so much.

Blood Prophecy - Are they a real life couple or something? Is that why they're always together?

Hammer of Angels - Right? That's how you know not to mess with her.

Quintana - Nose spear!

October 8, 2012 at 7:56 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Bahaha, wow. That guy gets around!

October 8, 2012 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

That's true, except for Tommy Nightmare, which I think everyone agrees was an error.

Yup, her face and hair is creepy, but I think it's supposed to be.

Hmmm, I saw some pretty awful reviews for Temptation. He was apparently controlling to the EXTREME.

One Sweet Ride guy is not my type. lol.

Eeeeeeiuw.

Bitch indeed.

October 8, 2012 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

The.best.feature.ever. Please NEVER stop doing this! *THUD* :)

October 10, 2012 at 2:27 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

THUD?

Haha, no plans to stop anytime soon!

October 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Regarding Codex Born "hy is she coming out of a tree? Is she part tree? Does she live there? Is this a magical sneak attack? If so, why not magic yourself a better weapon while you're at it?"

Why yes she lives in the tree, she is a Dryad - her weapons are supposed to be wooden swords (which she stabs magical creatures, vampires and the like and then causes the sword to grow roots in her opponent)

October 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home