<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Cover Snark (34): Half-Naked Men and the Animals Who Love Them

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cover Snark (34): Half-Naked Men and the Animals Who Love Them

Welcome to Cover Snark, where the people are snarky and the covers quiver in fear. Since I don't write many snarky book reviews here on A Reader of Fictions, Cover Snark is my outlet. If you click on the title of the book, where possible, I've linked to Goodreads. Clicking on the cover itself will show you the cover in a larger size, in most cases. Feel free to love covers I hate and vice versa. Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Commenting pro tip: The easiest way to comment on such a long post is to open the post in two windows (really easy if you use Google Reader). Comment in one and scroll the covers in the other. That's actually how I comment on other people's reviews too. I can't remember all my comments by the time I get to the box!

1. Something Darker (Inferi Dii #1) - S.A. Price
 Thoughts: You guys, I just love this! Show of hands: who believes me? If so, you must be new. Hi! Thanks for coming! Seriously, though, ab covers, how about you make sense. I mean, this dude is obviously cold, since he's wearing a hoodie and even has the hood up, so WHY is his he leaving his chest bare? Even if he were perfectly my type, I would still say what the hell to this cover. Plus, that purple fire with the series info is just randomly floating there. They should have used it to dot the i in something or places it better. Maybe put the series info in the moon, which is also purple?

2. Divided (Element Preservers #3) - Alycia Linwood
 Thoughts: What is that dress made of? Does it look weird to anyone else? Also, I'm pretty sure she's checking to see if she has a fever. Probably she does, since she's covered in frost but seems pretty comfortable in just that dress. With her other hand, she's talking on an invisible phone to Mr. Freeze, who may or may not be her boyfriend.

3. In My Dreams - Cameo Renae
 Thoughts: Meh. Not bad, but doesn't stand out at all.

4. The Chalice - Nancy Bilyeau
 Thoughts: I fell like this could be really awesome, but it looks too much like a little kid pasted together images from a magazine to make the cover. The different parts just do not look well-integrated.

5. The Midnight Spell - Rhiannon Frater & Kody Boye
 Thoughts: Alright, so this definitely has some self-pub issues, but I kind of like it. His ginger hair makes me happy, as does judgmental cat, and the fact that this looks like a witchy version of Sixteen Candles.

6. Crushed - Dawn Rae Miller
 Thoughts: This is so close to being an awesome simplistic cover, but THAT FONT burns me with its boring. They tried to make the title more interesting by crushing the C a bit, but that's overkill and draws attention away from the heart, which is where the eye should be focused. The heart does look cool, though, as it has a nice texture to it. Reminds me of this cover.

7. Eyes Ever to the Sky - Katie French
 Thoughts: Well, that looks somewhat familiar. Sky embraces just look so awkward don't they? Can you imagine trying to get action while also remembering to fly? Odds of death: high. What is that shimmer around them? Moonlight? A tractor beam? Also, I don't think they have their eyes to the sky. Pretty sure their eyes are closed.

8. Hector (5th Street #3) - Elizabeth Reyes
 Thoughts: Notice how she subtly covers his face, so this cover can be ALL ABOUT HER. There's a Friends episode about this.

9. From Ashes - Molly McAdams
 Thoughts: Oh good. A novel about infidelity or some sort of Paint Your Wagon situation. LOVELY. Much like this cover, only less believable, because the dudes would TOTALLY NOTICE.

10. Crossfire (Darkride Chronicles #2) - Laura Bradley Rede
 Thoughts: "Can a heart that stopped beating still love?" Tagline, I'm pretty sure paranormal romances have already answered that one 6 million times over. STOP BEING AWFUL. Awful cover checklist: stupid garden variety tagline (check), terrible fonts (check), absurdly photoshopped eyes (check), incredibly cheesy fire (check). Is this a paranormal romance? If yes, add bird (check).

11. The Uprising (The Forsaken #2) - Lisa M. Stasse
Thoughts: These covers really appeal to me. They're so weird and unique. I do wonder if they make any sort of sense after reading the book, but they're creepy, colorful and unlike anything else, so approve.

12. Control - Lydia Kang
Thoughts: "There are no accidents." DUN DUN DUN. This cover bores me.

13. Bayou Heat (X3) - Alexandra Ivy & Laura Wright
Thoughts: I greatly encourage you to click on these and view the larger images, so you can fully appreciate the ridiculousness. For one thing, these covers are the mostly naked man with animals sort that makes Kayla Beck think of bestiality, which is perhaps justified, let's be honest. For another, these men are all just covered in sweat. The one on the left has RIVULETS of it. Do some people think that's hot? All I want to do to these guys is make them go take a shower. ALONE.

14. Strange Spirits (GothicScapes) - Chris Marie Green, Nancy Holder, Linda Thomas-Sundstrom
Thoughts: Is leather mini-skirt girl about to kill Santa? I hated this cover at first, but if that's what's up, this just made best holiday cover. I would like to know why the moon is pink, though. Red to imply impending doom for Santa, like his jolly red suit and soon-to-be-spilled blood I would get, but pink?

15. Drive Me Wild (The Others #7) - Christine Warren
Thoughts: Another naked dude posing with an animal. Seriously, is this supposed to be appealing? Also, these naked man covers are wasted on me, because, much as I like men, I am really not attracted to the kinds of guys they put on romance novel covers.

16. 45 Pounds (More or Less) - K. A. Barson
Thoughts: I kind of like this. I mean, I really dig pastels, though I know some people don't (Kayla). However, I really don't approve of the whole "God forbid we show a fat girl on the cover" attitude. Also, based on her legs, this chick isn't fat at all, so what's up with that.

17. Resisting Fate (The Right of Blood #1) - Marie De La Rosa
Thoughts: If this book is not about how she resists fate using her hair as weapons, then I call bullshit on this cover.

18. There (On the Otherside #2) - Denise Grover Swank
Thoughts: Oh look, Fallen and Hereafter had a baby cover. Even better, there's apparently a love triangle. WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

19. Trapped (Here Trilogy #2) - Ella James
Thoughts: I feel like a jerk always having to say "well, for a self-pub, this is great," but there just is a quality difference, so whatever, it's true. They've done a nice job with this one. I love the texture to the ground and the sky is interesting. However, the fonts need work and the couple looks like they're skipping through a field of daisies, not like they're trapped in some harsh world.

20. Charm & Strange - Stephanie Kuehn
Thoughts: Ugh. Another love triangle cover. Based solely on the cover, I am terrified to read this, as it looks like something I will loathe. Then again, the blurb's from Ellen Hopkins, which is somewhat unexpected. The cover looks cheesy, not dark and edgy.

21. Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock #6) - Faith Hunter
Thoughts: Those are some big-ass stakes. Hurrah for a heroine dressed in fighting clothes and ready to mess some monsters up. Her face looks a little off to me though. Oh, also, I love the fancy design by the spine. The juxtaposition between that and the rest of the cover amuses me.

22. Deadly to Love (The Elementals #3) - Mia Hoddell
Thoughts: Alright everyone: time to place bets. Male or female model? The lips say female, but I'm really not sure because I guy could do his lipstick like that just as easily. Also, this cover is almost painfully bad. What's with the swirls on the skin? The hand seems a bit out of proportion to me. The hot pink font is hard to read, as is the author name. To top it all off, cheesy fire.

23. Incubus (Daughters of Lilith #2) - Jennifer Quintenz
Thoughts: That seems like a strange way to hold a sword. Also, is she wearing a pashmina? What is that on her arm? Her hair sticks out sort of funny too. ACK! Just notices the bat wings. Better than angel ones at least.

24. The Holder's Dominion - Genese Davis
Thoughts: This creeps me out a lot. Mr. Shadow Rapist man is not cool. Also, I feel like the overlay of that golden person would have worked better if it aligned with the model's face.

25. Replica - Jenna Black
Thoughts: Bored. This looks a bit too 90s fantasy.

26. Elder (Firstborn Trilogy #3) - Raine Thomas
Thoughts: She looks just as confused and upset by this cover as I am. Or maybe she's just wondering why she's grabbing the knife by the blade and not dripping blood on her grey dress.

27. Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) - Katie McGarry
 Thoughts: Very well composed, and I definitely think that the girl on the cover fits Beth well. Not sure about the guy, though. The title font looks cool too, but I don't know why "You" is turned sideways.

Cover Battle #1: Indigo Awakening (The Hunted #1) - Jordan Dane
US vs. Aus: The win goes to the US for not making a completely mundane cover. Also, I'm very sick of brightly dyed eyes on covers.

Cover Battle #2: Sever (The Chemical Garden Trilogy #3) - Lauren DeStefano
US vs. UK: Wow, just changing the color scheme a little bit makes SUCH a difference. I still think this cover sucks in general, though, because why does Raine look like she's at a freaking tea party?

Cover Battle #3: Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2) - Courtney Allison Moulton
Not Final vs. Final: Oh look, they posted the not final cover, giving them the opportunity to improve the second cover. Most of the public responded that we want a cover in the style of the hardback. The publisher listened and made a change! They photoshopped her arm down. How I feel. Oh, they also changed the author name font to white and moved it up a little. I vote COVER NOT FINAL. Try again, guys.

Cover Battle #4: Finding Lucas - Sarah Stroh Bailey
 Kindle vs. Paperback: Bahahaha, She's grabbing his ass. This amuses me more than it probably should. Her shoes are RIDIC though.

WTF of the Week: Sex Club Secrets - Jennifer Lynne
 Thoughts: Oh, really, this is about love flourishing is it? Why does everything remind me of Paint Your Wagon this week? Why are half-naked people floating over a city? Why haven't they fallen into the river and drowned? Are they gods too? Is this like a Greek god orgy club? Because they don't need a special club for that; that's just how Greek gods roll, yo.

Outstanding Cover of the Week:
The Uprising by Lisa M. Stasse

Learn More or Preorder:

Goodreads|Amazon|The Book Depository

Labels:

25 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay Ribar said...

I really ought to get wasted and watch Paint Your Wagon.

And other things I never thought I'd say.

November 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Lilian said...

I loved The Forsaken's cover (although I heard mehhh things about the book, so it's not exactly on the top of my TBR pile,) but it seems like they did worse of The Uprising. Maybe it's partly because The Forsaken's cover art was already already existing art repurposed for the cover..I don't know. That random THING thrown in the eye area bothers me. And the rainbow text. ugh. It's not even aligned properly, and the color makes it difficult to read. WHAT HAPPENED?
But despite my disappointment, I agree that it's still the best this week.

On the other hand, Control's cover sent a shiver done my spine. Not sure if it's because I don't like bloody...or I am imagining red blobby aliens...but I'm scared. I just stared at it again, and it's like velvet candies. Is this book about birth control? O_O

Lilian @ A Novel Toybox

November 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Bahahaha, yes, you should. If you do, I expect live tweets. :-p

November 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Yeah, this week was not great for covers. Dare You To was my second choice, but meh. None really called to me. The tagline is hard to read, but that's generally for the best, I find. Also, I won a copy of The Forsaken and it has some cool raised elements in the physical version, so I suspect it looks better in person.

No idea. I'd assumed something about genetics or a plague. *shrug*

November 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hrm--I really love these posts, but this is the first time I've commented on one, so let's see how it goes. (:

1- Is there a hidden meaning on that purple flame? It's so distracting! O_O Plus, he looks a bit photoshopped--hello, weirdly standing out stomach muscles--and THAT CHEST HAIR. I don't know, it just looks a bit funky to me.

2- Anyone notice how there appears to be some kind of weird flame apparatus going on in the other corner? Oh, and that she kind of looks like she's giving someone off to the side the finger--but why is she holding it like that? Talking to Mr. Freeze on an invisible cell phone--LOL.

3- Agreed.

4- It kind of looks like there's nobody in the cloak. Maybe it's a mannequin? Hrm.

5- I like the font--but what's up with the blue tint there? The kitty kind of freaks me out, LOL.

6- Meh. I did read But I Love Him, though. It was sad. :(

7- I don't know about this one--it looks really, really odd to me. Checkmark, weird tints, weirdo lightning something going on, and they just look really awkward--the whole cover looks awkward. Hrm, maybe if the guy didn't look so much like the dude from The Notebook....

8- EWW. It's half animated-half not--it looks all soft at the EDGES. O.O

9- They would totally notice--but check THE FREAKING AWESOME FONT. Erm, her arm looks TOTALLY REAL. It's different skin shades and everything--plus, it's...SHINY.

10- WHY ARE HIS EYES SO BLUE? It's freaking creepy, and haha, absurdly photoshopped fire.

11- I do approve of this one too--but I kind of don't understand it. It's really cool that they've made the face out of lines, though. :)

12- WHAT ARE THOSE? BLOOD CELLS? Seriously. What is this book even about? Hrm. Dystopian.

13- Hahahahaha. That guy has a TRAMP STAMP. (Basically.)

14- Erm, why is there a chick in a leather miniskirt trying TO KILL SANTA? Weird.

15- Is that supposed to be a real cat, or a poster? Hrm. Wait--weird thing I just noted about that cover. HE HAS NO NIPPLES. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

16- I don't really have anything to say about this cover. (Shocker!)

17- Hahaha, what is up with that gal's HAIR? Seriously.

18- The angle is weird. Other than that, meh.

19- Erm, I like the stars and the font alright--but running while holding hands always looks awkward to me--I mean, what if one of them trips?

20- I don't really have anything to say--except for the guy looks a ready to fight...badly.

21- All the mixed fonts... O_O

22- That fire does not even look slightly real--I'm guessing female, but she doesn't appear to be wearing a shirt, so I don't know. Is it a romance novel??

23- The bat wings are cool--but if that sword is sharp AT ALL, she's got to be in some serious pain.

24- GAH. Agreeing with you there.

25- I have no comments.

26- AGAIN WITH THE WEIRDO KNIFE HOLDING. Also, she's got a funny looking star tattoo by her eye. I don't care for the dress.

27- I think it's cute--but they have GOT to be freezing--ever danced in the rain? That stuff is COLD!

*skipping over, as I have no words*

Cover Battle #4: Yeah, now she's going to trip on him--she pushed him and he fell!

Erm, well. That is how the Greek roll!

Loves,
Megan@The Book Babe

November 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Kayla Beck said...

6. Awww, someone broke their eyeshadow!

10. Bestiality alert!

11. Can you believe I like it, despite the pink?

12. Is it about AIDS?

13. The men are nervous about their coming attempts at molesting those large cats. They know they're in trouble.

14. I think she's ONLY wearing a skirt. :-O Santa left in the night to go home to Mrs. Claus, and this lady is out for BLOOD!

15. This kitty likes him, so he's not sweaty with worry.

16. I don't find this nauseous (like some pastels), but I'll choose to just avoid it as a fat kid who doesn't like contemporaries.

18. Why the hell is that idiot standing in a puddle when there's lightning? *sigh* She just made the adult in me come out.

19. If I was the girl model, I would've wanted some photoshopping done on my ass. That just looks strange.

20. I would like this a lot if it didn't have the couple on the cover, too.

23. She wants to part her hair more effectively.

CB3. Why does everyone hate gingers? There are enough blonde models on covers. *pouts*

November 29, 2012 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger Kara_Malinczak said...

1. LOL @ you must be new here. This cover is ridiculous and I agree with all your thoughts. I'd just like to add that this guy does nothing for me. Most of the guys on romance covers do nothing for me. Ick.

2. WOW. That is awful. Plus the series title? All I can think of is life preservers. And yeah, I agree with your thoughts again. This MUST be self-published.

3. It's okay.

4. The color combination is really not working for me. Too bad because this could have been a great one.

5. It's okay. Really doesn't do anything for me though.

6. YES!! It's so close to being awesome but that title font ruins the whole damn thing. It doesn't fit at all.

7. I agree. I love that the girl looks curvy though! No skinny models. Not that I have anything against that, it's just nice to see something different.

9. These books just disgust me. I have no comment on the cover other than this is a fucking disgusting series.

10. Totally agree with you. Nothing inspires me to pick this one up. In fact, I'd rather throw it.

11. I like it! It goes well with the first book which I own and still have not read. *cough*

12. I kinda like it!

13. Yeah, ewww, no. Sweat is not hot. These covers are gross.

14. Ummm. This is interesting. I really need to know what the book is about to see if I like it though.

15. Yeah me either. Ewwww.

16. Kinda agree. It is a bit offensive to me that they covered her up with a pile of clothes!

17. OMG! WHY WITH THE HAIR??

19. I really like this one. A lot. My favorite so far. But I wish the title font were different.

20. Haha, I like this one too! But I generally love moon covers, so...

21. Meh. I agree about her face.

22. OH GOD. This wasn't the worst of the week? Female. But mannnnn is this one of the worst covers I have ever seen.

23. Why does she look like she's trying to knock that scimitar in to her head on purpose?

24. I agree. Overlay not working at all.

25. I kinda like it but I agree with the 90s statement.

25. You have two covers numbered 25. What is up with her face? Why does she look constipated?

26. I like it. That is a pretty hot cover.

CB1: Definitely the US cover. Ewww to the UK one.

CB2: It does make a huge difference. I prefer the blue background. Still hate this cover though.

CB3: Yeah, that's really a poor effort and it's boring. I prefer her arm up if I have to choose!

CB4: Neither? Can I pick neither?

WTF: Okay this is bad but that other one was worse, imo. This is just cheesy. LOL.

I think I agree with your outstanding cover of the week. Though there were a few others I liked too.

November 29, 2012 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Ribar said...

DONE.

November 29, 2012 at 3:41 PM  
Blogger Steph Sinclair said...

1. LOLZ! You are hilarious!!! That purple flame is burning a hole in my eye.

2. It is just weird how the snowflake is covering one arm. I don't understand what's supposed to be happening here.

5. Judgmental cat is judging us.

7. What is the fascination with couples showing PDA in the sky on book covers? I don't get it.

9. "Secret lovers! That's what we are...."

10. Bahahaha! "Add a bird." You kill me!

11. LOVE the covers in this series. So different and unique.

12. Wait... THAT'S the cover for that book? Did I miss the reveal? I'm really not impressed with that one. I was expecting a little more. It reminds me of the old cover for Empty by K.M. Walton.

13. Dear god. Why with animals? *shivers*

14. Fiction seems to have an obsession with pink/purple moons.

15. UGH. MORE?!

16. This cover doesn't really do anything for me, but it's not bad either.

18. And another bare foot cover model. Just think of the parasites!! The horror, the horror!!

22. *sigh* One day someone will learn how to photoshop fire properly. But apparently, not today. And I think it's a female judging by the eyes.

24. There is just WAY to much going on with that cover. It's like they tried to describe the entire plot on the cover.

25. Hey look! It's Clary! *dry laugh*

26. LOVE this cover. So HOT! I must read Pushing the Limits.

Cover battle:

1. US for sure. I hate the eye thing.

2. WHOA! UK's cover looks SOOOO much better! And I'm one of the few people who said I liked the Sever cover...

3. What? They changed the cover just to make those minor changes? *throws up hands*

4. LOL. Looks like she FOUND Lucas on the paperback cover. hahaha.

WTF: WTF.

November 29, 2012 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Kimberly @ Midnight Book Girl said...

1. If he doesn't show you his abs, how are you supposed to know he has a six pack?

2. I stand like this all the time. Totally not awkward.

4. This would be awesome if it was just the middle picture

6. I really like this..

7. I didn't click the link but I'm willing to bet a ton of money that the link takes you to Let the Sky Fall. And this one is not nearly as pretty.

8. I really miss Friends.

11. This one is both intriguing and disturbing.

12. I can't explain why but this cover really freaks me out.

15. Ditto. I would also like to add that I think naked/semi naked women on the covers of romance novels are even worse.

17. I almost spit my soda all over the place. Her hair does look pretty wicked.

18. Did you notice that in the reflection her dress is white?

22. Can't decide, but I'm leaning towards female.

24. Did not notice golden person and now I am thoroughly creeped out. WTF? Kind of Egyptian like which makes it way creepyer.

25. I hold all my knives like that. Don't you?

26. I agree that she looks like Beth to me. A bit sexier than Pushing the Limits, but I like it a lot. Honestly I'd read it whatever the cover looked like.

CB 2. I know all the changed is the colors but the UK one is more appealing to me. I think the covers went downhill with each successive book. Wither's is still the prettiest.

CB 3. Hate. Hate. Hate. They made such a huge mistake with the new look.

CB 4. It doesn't look like she's grabbing his ass, it looks like she's pushing him, either way, it's better than the original.

November 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I do know commenting on these posts can be...intimidating to say the least.

1. No idea. There does seem to be a smaller purple flame hidden within the purple flame...which is odd. YES. To me too, but I wasn't sure, because I'm not a chest hair fan.

2. I don't see the flame apparatus, but it's weird enough who knows. It totally DOES look like she's giving someone the finger, maybe her overly involved mom who doesn't approve of the relationship with Mr. Freeze?

4. Very possible.

5. Yeah, they could have gone a bit lighter on the tint. The cat just amuses me.

6. Yup. That's why I'm planning to read it. I LOVE sad YA books.

7. HAHAHAHA, He is wearing an outfit straight from The Notebook!

8. I don't like this either.

9. HAHAHA, her arms are too different colors. O_O I'm guessing it's supposed to be shading or something, but that's WEIRD.

11. I don't understand them either. I want to know if they make sense from the books.

12. They are red blood cells or platelets or whatever. I got low Bs in bio, so...

13. He probably is a tramp, based on the number of pussies on those covers. Ew. I just grossed myself out, but could not resist the pun.

15. NO NIPPLES. YIKES. Nice catch!

17. Descendant of Medusa?

19. A fellow pragmatist I see.

21. There certainly is an abundance of fonts. Every word should be in a different one!

22. *shrugs*

23. Right? So many sword covers have them do this and I do not get it.

26. Hot mess.

27. Yeah, not the most romantic atmosphere.

November 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

6. Or that.

11. WHO ARE YOU?

12. No clue.

13. That's a thing to rightfully be nervous about.

14. Bahahaha, you've totally got this figured out!

15. But the kitty might have eaten his nipples?

16. Lol.

18. I think the idiot part explained that. Or maybe she's hoping that electrocution will give her powers?

19. Good plan.

23. Oh, girl, you kill me!

CB3: She's a really boring blonde model too. Also, pretty sure most people hate the redesign. The publisher should STOP.

November 30, 2012 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

1. Seriously! I feel like I ought to like all the half-naked men, but the romance covers I go for are the women in gorgeous dresses. The dudes are all just so gross to me. Where are the nerds with nice bodies? Sigh.

2. The series title totally doesn't work. Do elements really need preserving? Mmm, life savers.

4. Exactly! This is so close to being awesome, but definitely did not make it.

6. There are so many cool fonts on the internet. Just make one of them happen, people!

7. Agreed!

9. I don't know anything about this. What's up with it?

11. Bahaha, me too, buddy.

13. Exactly. No sweat. No.

14. Killing Santa, killing Santa, killing Santa. *wishes.

16. Pretty much.

17. *snorts*

19. The little tail on the R kills that font.

22. Maybe it should have been. Oh well.

25. I know. I fixed it though.

26. Yep.

CB1. Ew indeed.

CB2: Agreed. This cover makes no sense for the series, and that pose is awful.

WTF: Was not an awesome week for WTF. Oh well.

November 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

1. It is pretty fucking bright.

2. I wish I knew. Actually, for my sanity, perhaps not.

7. PDA not being a thing I enjoy seeing, I don't get it either. Most of the kiss covers are just uncomfortable for the models and the viewers.

9. Thank you, Google, for telling me what that meant.

10. Lol, thanks. It's weird the trends you notice doing this feature.

12. There wasn't a reveal per se. It went up on Amazon.

13. Icky, right?

14. Never seen the moon either of those colors.

18. Haha, that's probably what the book is about, right?

22. FIRE IS HARD.

26. PTL is a little bit cheesy, but I thought it worked.

CB2: I'll forgive you.

4. *snorts*

November 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

1. He worked so hard for it and he wants to flaunt it, dang it!

2. Surprisingly, this is the most comfortable body position. There are few moments where I'm NOT standing like this.

7. You got it!

8. I miss the early years. The last few seasons fell apart a bit.

15. I don't like the naked women covers either, but women in dresses covers get me!

17. A hazard of Cover Snark!

18. That I did. I just didn't have much to say about it.

22. Seems to be the consensus.

24. I got an Egyptian vibe too.

26. Makes sense for it to be sexier, since I doubt Beth will be as restrained and innocent as Echo.

CB2: Very much agree.

CB3: Again.

CB4: Lol. Why would you push someone by the ass?

November 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger roro said...

LOL NAKED MEN AND ANIMALS

NO ,i have been wishing for Charm and Strange. the cover is ugly . cries


27// the dude looks a bit like josh hutcherson

im super exited for indigo awakening

November 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Lenore Appelhans said...

In defense of the SEVER cover -- I've seen it printed and in person and the color is actually quite gorgeous. Plus, I've read the book, and the cover makes sense. Lizzy Bromley (the art director who designed my cover) designed SEVER and THE FORSAKEN/THE UPRISING. She's amazing imho!

December 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think my favorite of the worst is "From ashes". Apparently, someone will be turned to ashes and I don't think it will be the boyfriend. I mean who comes up with these covers and books?! That is just awful.

December 2, 2012 at 11:22 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Sorry about that. Why make an ugly cover when you can not?

Also, he DOES look like Josh Hutcherson. O_O

December 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I will have to take your word for it. That hand position makes sense? Really? Her covers are certainly unique!

December 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Yup, pretty damn awful.

December 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Giselle said...

BWAHAHAA Mr Freeze!

Omg that's a total ripoff of let The Sky Fall! Which ha a cover I don't like! I mean, they're just floating there, badly!

So the infidelity cover... O_o those have to be very dumb guys!

"If yes, add bird (check)." OMG THE BIRD!!! BAHAHAHA

I also really like the Lisa M Stasse cover. My copy of the first is the UK one so it's not as cool :(

Control: What is that supposed to be? Blood cells? People who can't control their blood?

LOL @ Rivulets of sweat. Maybe he has thyroid issues.

Ugh, the santa one. Barf. It's like badass meets cheesy. Does not compute!

Maybe she's IS 45 pounds!!

AAAAH. Death by hair!!

Sue me, I love the There cover! I also enjoyed first book it's really different!

Blood Trade: Is it just me or that chick looks to have a HUMONGOUS boob? O_O Could be the coloring..

BAHAHA! Male! I say male! RAWR!

Oh I like the Incubus one. Mostly bc I love her hair!

Mr. Shadow Rapist man!! You're right though, the non alignment of the gold face makes it looks like they fucked up.

The girl's face on Elder O_O She looks scared of the cover.And like a wuss. And... she's gonna maim her hand!

I love the Dare You To cover! I think the You is turned just to give it a nice design charm. It would have been long and boring otherwise. I like it!

The UK cover for Sever is SO much better. That green is just blah!!

So they made the cover.... non blurry. Good for them O_O

WTF cover: OMG O_O "a Greek god orgy club" is about what I thought.











December 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Totally a rip off! Let the Sky Fall is okay, but meh. Also, the reviews I've seen...eesh.

Awww, the UK cover of that book is not as cool. Sad day!

Probably closer to that than being 200 pounds!

Lol. Her face is HILARIOUS! Seriously, they thought...this, this is just right!

December 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, where to begin:

1. It looks like that guy shaves his chest. Gross.

4. Yeah, the disembodied cloak does absolutely NOTHING for this cover.

5. It IS a Sixteen Candles moment until you look at that creepy freaking cat.

6. You're comment is perfect, I can add nothing further to it!

13. 'Rivulets of Sweat' is my new catch phrase.

14. This may just be my 2012 Christmas Card.

16. She may not be fat, but that chick has man hands.

18. *SNORT*

24. Where have I seen that shadow before? OH! It's totally the psycho fisherman killer from "I Know What You Did Last Summer"

27. OH, no. Now see, up to this point all of these books are ones that I probably wouldn't read. They are fun to laugh at. But THIS book I DO want to read and now I am so disappointed with the cover. Yuck. Not digging the oily bohunk at all...

Cover Battle #3: This cover is just SO freaking disappointing after Spotswood's Born Wicked. I loved that cover. I can't believe it's gone from that to this.

WTF of the Week: Yeah. That one is just too ridiculous for words. It's like a bad porno or something. Ew.

Nice compilation, Christina! As usual I have laughed out loud until my belly hurts:)

December 4, 2012 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

1. That's why it's sort of hairy, but not all the way there?

4. Sadly, true.

5. Bahaha, everyone hates that cat but me.

13. Good luck with that. O_o

14. BAHAHAHA, GO for it.

16. You have a point.

24. AHHHHH

27. I really like this cover, but he's super not attractive to me. Otherwise it might have been my book of the week. Bohunk is a good word from him. Looks like he escaped from a performance of Grease.

CB3: I know. I'm not over it either.

December 5, 2012 at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home