<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Waiting on Wednesday (36): Plague in the Mirror

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (36): Plague in the Mirror

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

Alright, I fully admit that this book has a lot of ways it could go wrong, but I'm hoping it doesn't, because it sounds dark, creepy and sexy. I mean, "sensual power"? That doesn't tend to be a YA plot line and I am curious. Also, I love reading books set in Florence, because A Room with a View.

Plague in the Mirror

Author: Deborah Noyes
Expected Publication Date: July 9, 2013
Publisher: Candlewick

Synopsis from Goodreads:
In a sensual paranormal romance, a teen girl’s doppelgänger from 1348 Florence lures her into the past in hopes of exacting a deadly trade.

It was meant to be a diversion — a summer in Florence with her best friend, Liam, and his travel-writer mom, doing historical research between breaks for gelato. A chance to forget that back in Vermont, May’s parents, and all semblance of safety, were breaking up. But when May wakes one night sensing someone in her room, only to find her ghostly twin staring back at her, normalcy becomes a distant memory. And when later she follows the menacing Cristofana through a portale to fourteenth-century Florence, May never expects to find safety in the eyes of Marco, a soulful painter who awakens in her a burning desire and makes her feel truly seen. The wily Cristofana wants nothing less of May than to inhabit each other’s lives, but with the Black Death ravaging Old Florence, can May’s longing for Marco’s touch be anything but madness? Lush with atmosphere both passionate and eerie, this evocative tale follows a girl on the brink of womanhood as she dares to transcend the familiar — and discovers her sensual power.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Steph Sinclair said...

Hold the phone. Is this YA? This sounds very sexy and mysterious. I've never heard of this one, but I may just have to add it to my TBR shelf.

December 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Yup, according to GR, this one's for ages 14 and up. I always love seeing that on Amazon, because I know the read will be more intense. :)

December 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger Nori said...

I don't think it could go either way. I think it could only go the awesome way! I am so sold on this one...Why have I never hear of it before? It sounds so good! And seriously, there needs to be more out there with doppelgangers. Thanks for sharing!

December 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Probably because I try to scare up books that have been flying under the radar for my WoW posts. ;)

December 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Great choice, I can't wait for this one either!

my WOW and international giveaway

December 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger A Belle’s Tales said...

Nice pick! This sounds fascinating! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW. Happy reading :)

December 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

Wow! I haven't heard of this one before! It really piqued my interest and I will be on the lookout for reviews!

Thanks for stopping by my post!

~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

December 7, 2012 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

This one sounds so intense-I hadn't heard of it before and I'm a bit surprised to read that it's YA but it sounds like it's meant to be on the older side so that explains it all. Thanks for sharing!

December 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home