<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Waiting on Wednesday (42): The Awakening

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (42): The Awakening

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

You guys! I really liked Tankborn and I'm so excited that book two has a cover now! And it's gorgeous!



Awakening
Tankborn, Book 2

Author: Karen Sandler
Expected Publication Date: April 2013?
Publisher: Tu Books

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Once a Chadi sector GEN girl terrified of her first Assignment, Kayla is now a member of the Kinship, a secret organization of GENs, lowborns, and trueborns. Kayla travels on Kinship business, collecting information to further the cause of GEN freedom.

Despite Kayla’s relative freedom, she is still a slave to the trueborn ruling class. She rarely sees trueborn Devak, and any relationship between them is still strictly forbidden.

Kayla longs to be truly free, but other priorities have gotten in the way. A paradoxically deadly new virus has swept through GEN sectors—a disease only GENs catch. And GEN warrens and warehouses are being bombed, with only a scrawled clue: F.H.E. Freedom, Humanity, Equality.

With the virus and the bombings decimating the GEN community, freedom and love are put on the back burner as Kayla and her friends find a way to stop the killing . . . before it’s too late.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Tanja - Tanychy said...

LOL I think there is like 10 books with the title The Awakening xD And yet this one is new for me! Sounds really promising! :) I hope you'll enjoy it :)

Here is our wow!

February 6, 2013 at 3:55 AM  
Blogger Dragana M. said...

I didn't hear about this book or author before. Although I don't know how I missed Tankborn - it sounds great. Adding it to my tbr. Great pick! :)
Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

February 6, 2013 at 4:58 AM  
Blogger Bec @ Readers in Wonderland said...

I'd never heard of Tankborn before, but the summary had me at Genetically Engineered Non-Humans. That's such an interesting concpept. I'm definitely going to look into this further. Thanks for introducing me to it!

Bec @ Ransom Reads

February 6, 2013 at 5:44 AM  
Blogger Lynn K. said...

The cover isn't up on GRs yet, job for a GR librarian! :D
I think I added Tankborn after reading your review awhile back.

February 6, 2013 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I added the cover!

February 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Yeah, Awakening is not a unique name in the slightest.

February 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Kayla Beck said...

I'm surprised that I haven't heard of Tankborn, as hard as I look for sci-fi novels. *ponders* Yep, going on the ever-lengthening TBR!

February 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Tankborn's from a small press. I only found it because I used to check NG obsessively!

February 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Yay! Glad you'll be checking it out!

February 6, 2013 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Small press! That's why. :)

February 6, 2013 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger Karen Sandler said...

Description here. :-)

February 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks for the heads up! I added the description here and on GR.

February 6, 2013 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger ellepaulette said...

My goodness that does sounds like an interesting book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

February 6, 2013 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I did read Tankborn but I can't remember much about it. Hopefully I'll see some reviews to jog my memory before this one comes out.

February 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict said...

This sounds really interesting. I need to add this to my TBR. Great pick!
New follower
Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

My WoW

February 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I'll need to find a spoiler review or reread the ending of Tankborn too.

February 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home