<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Layla - Eric Clapton

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Layla - Eric Clapton

Maybe This Time

Author: Jennifer Crusie
Genre: romance
Pages: 342

Brief Summary:
North and Andie got married the day after they met. The marriage lasted just a year, because North got caught up in his work at the family law practice. Sick of it, Andie left. For ten years, she did her best to avoid him and get over him. On the eve of her engagement to a writer, she feels compelled to return the alimony checks he sent her, their last connection. He agrees to take them back and stop sending more on one condition: that she go to a creepy haunted house and teach his messed up wards, hopefully convincing them to leave the house and move to Columbus in the process. Unfortunately, the house's ghosts won't let them go...

Review:
I do not read many straight up romance novels; they're just not my style. I make an exception for Jennifer Crusie, who Katelyn introduced me to my freshman year of college (Welcome to Temptation). Her novels are light, funny and generally have a bunch of awesome pop culture references.

Maybe This Time is a bit different than her other books because of the fantasy element (or is it?). The ghost plot line left me a little cold (pun, haha, get it?). That was the overarching plot of the book, so you couldn't take it out, but it just didn't work for me somehow. I also had some trouble accepting North as a name. I mean, come on!

Jennifer Crusie fans will still want to read this one, but it isn't her best. If you haven't read any Crusie yet, I recommend Welcome to Temptation or Fast Women.

"Let's make the best of the situation
Before I finally go insane.
Please don't say we'll never find a way
And tell me all my love's in vain."

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home