<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: In My Mailbox (4)

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Sunday, February 12, 2012

In My Mailbox (4)



What a good week for books! First of all, Macmillan posted a ton of awesome titles on NetGalley, of which I grabbed six. I'm definitely most excited about Struck, which has been on my radar for a while. I mean, paranormal YA dystopia...the only way this could be better is if I had a print copy, but this will do. :-p I also want to mention that, although not the kind of YA I usually read much of, The Girl Is Trouble sounds somewhat Veronica Mars-ish, so I'm stoked about that too. Oh, and just fyi, I think the cover art for Shadow & Bone has changed since the one I found on Goodreads.

In addition to the awesome Macmillan titles, I grabbed a couple of dystopias from Marshall Cavendish and the first in a new science fiction series by Pete Hautman, published by Candlewick.

Thanks to all of the wonderful publishers and to NetGalley for making this haul possible.

I also received my order of books from bookcloseouts.com. They were all on sale for two dollars each. Who could resist that?

From the Wonderful Folks at Penguin:


The Royal Wulff Murders - Keith McCafferty

From NetGalley:


Struck - Jennifer Bosworth / Monstrous Beauty - Elizabeth Fama / The Girl is Trouble - Kathryn Miller Haines


Shadow & Bone - Leigh Bardugo / Monument 14 - Emmy Laybourne / Of Poseidon - Anna Banks


The Raft - S. A. Bodeen / The Weepers: The Other Life - Suzanne Winnacker / The Forgetting Curve - Angie Smibert


The Obsidian Blade - Pete Hautman

Purchased:

Libyrinth - Pearl North / Me and Orson Welles - Robert Kaplow / Mistress Shakespeare - Karen Harper / The Vaults - Toby Ball


Night - Edna O'Brien / Sons and Lovers - D. H. Lawrence / Sorceress - Celia Rees

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison Can Read said...

Great set! I'm going to have to grab The Girl is Trouble. I read the first book and really liked it.
My IMM

February 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM  
Blogger Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

The Girl is Trouble has me really interested. Happy reading!

February 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home