<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Waiting on Wednesday (10): Let the Sky Fall

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (10): Let the Sky Fall


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine. Click on the image above to go there!

I really hadn't heard too much about this one, but the cover was revealed this morning (so sorry if 85 other people jump on the bandwagon). Apparently this is about tornadoes and sylphs. I've always been fascinated by tornado stories; Twister was a popular film when I was growing up. The story sounds really original. The focus might be a bit too much on the romance, but I shan't know until I read it, right? Either way, a unique plot line plus an interesting cover = I will be reading this.

Let the Sky Fall

Author: Shannon Messenger
Expected Publication Date: March 2013
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Goodreads Link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13445306-let-the-sky-fall

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Seventeen-year-old Vane Weston is the only survivor of the category five tornado that killed his parents. Every night since the storm, a beautiful, dark-haired girl has swept through his dreams. She's the only clue to his past, and he clings to the hope that she's real.

Audra is real, but she's also a sylph. An air elemental. She walks on the wind, can translate its alluring songs, and can even twist it into a weapon. She's also a guardian--Vane's guardian--and has sworn an oath to protect him at all costs. Even if it means sacrificing her own life.

When a hasty mistake reveals their location to the enemy who murdered both of their families, Audra must help Vane remember who he is. He has a power to claim--the secret language of the West Wind, which only he can understand. But unlocking his heritage will also unlock a memory Audra wishes could be erased. And as the storm bears down on them she starts to realize the greatest danger might not be the warriors coming to destroy them, but the forbidden romance that's grown between them.

Set amongst the desert airstreams of Coachella Valley in California, and alive with wonderful wind-swept prose, LET THE SKY FALL is about two teenagers broken by their pasts, divided by their futures, and bound by love.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

This sounds really interesting. The cover is really awesome too!!

May 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Shannon Messenger said...

Aw, thank you so much for the WoW--this is my first one for LTSF!!! (And don't worry, there's a TON of other plot stuff besides the romance. I nearly broke my brain writing wind battles) Hope you enjoy when you can read!!

May 30, 2012 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Farah said...

Just saw this one a few blogs ago. Seriously! The cover's GORGEOUS. and I love the storyline. Great pick! :D

Drop by my WoW?

May 30, 2012 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks, Shannon! I anticipate enjoying it, especially since the romance is well-balanced! :-D

May 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

ooh I am definitely intrigued by cover and synopsis. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention! My WoW

May 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

What?! This sounds awesome!!! I will definitely have to grab up a copy when it's out!! Thanks for sharing!

Anna @ Literary Exploration
My WoW

May 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Katie @ BlookGirl said...

Oh wow. I actually REALLY love the synopsis of this one. I am adding it to my GR straightaway! Great pick, Christina :-)

May 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

This one is new to me, it sounds really good though. I'll definitely be checking this one out. Great pick!

May 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds amazing! It will definitely be moving to the top of my reading list when it comes out! Thank you!

May 30, 2012 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

Gorgeous! The cover is gorgeous, the premise is gorgeous, everything about this book is amazing. Thanks for bronging it to my attention, and thanks so much for visiting.

May 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Aneeqah said...

I really love the sound of this book! I haven't read a book about a sylph before, so it's awesome to see that this book has one! I'm sure that this book will be super unique and interesting. Too bad that the release date is so far away! Fabulous pick. =)

-Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

May 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM  
Blogger ellepaulette said...

I am waiting for this one as well! I can’t wait to get it!

Thanks for sharing,
Dani
http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2094

May 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Nori said...

This sounds really cool!

May 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home