<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: My Favorite Things - Julie Andrews

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Favorite Things - Julie Andrews

The Top Ten of 2010

Lots of bloggers are doing their top 10 lists to sum up the year. There are a lot of ways to define the list. I keep mine nice and simple: just the ten best books that I read this year. Publication date doesn't matter, nor does the book's popularity during this year. Beginning with the tenth best book:

10. Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden

9. Y: The Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan

8. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
7. Maus I & II by Art Spiegelman

6. The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moers

5. The Painted Boy by Charles de Lint
4. Dragonfly by Julia Golding

3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
2. Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotay
1. The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

Anyone else want to share their favorite books of 2010?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy S. said...

I can't remember what my top 10 books in 2010 would be, since it is now 2012. But, looking at your list I have read and really enjoyed Tomorrow, When the War Began, Mockingjay, and Between Shades of Gray. I have seen Maus and Maus II graphic novels at my library. Since they are in your top 10 I think I might give them a chance.

March 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Maus is amazing, especially if you have an interest in history, especially the unhappy parts. Since you've commented on the gulags and North Korean death camps, I think this should be right up your alley!

March 25, 2012 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger Owl In A Cloak said...

Oh, I clearly remember what I read in 2010. It was the fantasy year for me. There was, of course, Mockingjay; Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr (Inheritance cycle); Percy Jackson series, Secrets of Immortal Nicholas Flamel series and the Mediator series (that was maybe 2009...I dunno).

I love Tomorrow, When the war began!

You should make a concluding Top 10 Books at the end of every year!

April 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I do...although last year it was more like top 21, since I divided it up into YA and adult and also honored the best middle grade title.

I see now, though, that I forgot to add it to my list of lists. Doing that posthaste, but here's a link: http://readeroffictions.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-ya-and-adult-books-of-2011.html

April 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger Angela - Bookaunt said...

I enjoyed looking at your list of top ten books.

griperang at embarqmail dot com

May 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home