<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Waiting on Wednesday (17): Jinx

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (17): Jinx

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

Guys! Look what I found! This book looks completely awesome. This cover is AMAZING. Maybe I'll need to do a middle grade challenge in 2013, because it can be so good AND there's a ton of great looking middle grade coming out next year. This one sounds especially awesome. There's not much out there about this yet, but it sounds amazing. Magic and a quest and the cover says fairy tale! I want!

Jinx

Author: Sage Blackwood
Expected Publication Date: January 8, 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins

Synopsis from Goodreads:

A dark and mysterious forest, a determined young hero, a quest to reclaim stolen magic: Jinx launches an enthralling new adventure for fans of Septimus Heap, Fablehaven, and The Sisters Grimm.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Lilian said...

Middle grades always have the best illustrated covers that could pass for being framed posters.
I'm not a fan of middle-grades..but if it really does have a fairytale in there, then I'm in!

Seriously, I keep thinking that guy on the cover is a girl.

Lilian @ A Novel Toybox

July 25, 2012 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I'll keep you posted...assuming I manage to procure a copy.

ME TOO. I think it's the little skirt thing. :-p

July 25, 2012 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Lindsay Cummings author said...

that cover is SO pretty and well done!

stop by my post?! I have an ARC giveaway of my pick! :)

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

July 25, 2012 at 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Katie @ BlookGirl said...

Ooh! I _love_ the cover for this! Great pick, Christina :-) I agree, it seems MG novels are getting better and more desirable for the "older" crowd. I have quite a few lined up to read already. I'll definitely add Jinx to my list.

Love ya! :-) <3

July 25, 2012 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks, dear heart! I think MG is getting better about not writing down to kids. Like with super obvious mystery solutions and stuff. :)

July 25, 2012 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger fakesteph said...

I freaking love middle grade and this looks awesome!!!!

July 25, 2012 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger brandileigh2003 said...

Haven't heard of this one, but hope you get to read it soon! Feel free to check out my WoW here

July 25, 2012 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Sweet cover and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by My WoW

July 25, 2012 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Drew said...

I love that cover! It sounds pretty good too, I think I'll give it a read as well :)

My WoW

July 25, 2012 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» said...

This sounds very interesting! And I like the cover too..its very eye catching! Great pick! Thanks for sharing! :D

Here's My WoW post! 

Btw....I am a new follower! :)

~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

July 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Though it doesn't sound like one that is really up my alley, I do love the cover. I have had some good luck with MG this year, and have noticed that they are more on my radar as well.

July 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I put this one on my list, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

July 25, 2012 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

This looks adorable and I love the cover. Great pick!

July 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger TayteH said...

This sounds different. I like the cover. Makes a reader wonder if the tunnel is magical. :D

July 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

The cover makes me think of Sleeping Beauty, but I don't know if that's supposed to be a specific reference to that or just a fairy tale setting.

July 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Lynsey Newton said...

I'm guessing you're on a Middle Grade fix at the moment but I don't blame you as the covers all look AWESOME.

July 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home