<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: Waiting on Wednesday (42): Still Star-Crossed

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (42): Still Star-Crossed

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week I have a retelling for you guys. Now this could be awful, because I'm not a huge fan of Romeo and Juliet, but, by that same token, it's a lot easier to please me when authors screw around with something I don't love to an insane degree. I like that Taub's novel focuses on different characters, and that it won't have instalove. Apparently, there will be bickering, and I love that.



Still Star-Crossed

Author: Melinda Taub
Expected Publication Date: July 9, 2013
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Romeo and Juliet are gone. Will love live on? Despite the glooming peace that's settled on Verona after the recent tragedy, Montagues and Capulets are brawling in the streets. Faced with more bloody battles, Prince Escalus concludes that the only way to truly marry the fortunes of these two families is to literally marry them together. Everyone is skeptical, but none more so than the pair selected, for the most eligible Montague bachelor is Benvolio, Romeo's best friend, still anguished by the loss of his companions, and the chosen Capulet maid is Juliet's older cousin Rosaline, the girl Romeo first loved and whose refusal of Romeo's affection paved the way for bloodshed. Contrary to their late cousins, there's no love lost between Benvolio and Rosaline, yet they forge a bond to end the renewed feud not only to escape their forced betrothal, but to save their lives and the city of Verona itself.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Oooh, this sounds good and I hadn't heard of it. Thanks for sharing!

Here's my WOW pick.

Kat
Wit and Sin

February 13, 2013 at 1:51 AM  
Blogger Tanja - Tanychy said...

This book can turn out to be either amazing or awful. At least I think so. I haven't read any book similar to this one so I'll either love it or not. Now I'm really curious how the author pulled this out. Great pick.

Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

February 13, 2013 at 3:52 AM  
Blogger Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

I love this meme! I've found so many new books this week, including this one. Thanks for sharing :D

WoW Mel@thedailyprophecy

February 13, 2013 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Emily Blake said...

Gosh, there are so many books I've seen today featured that I had no idea were coming out, and here is yet another. I am sooo behind. I just took one month off...haha jk. Anyway, this book looks so awesome! Spin-off of Romeo and Juliet? Yes please!

My WoW

February 13, 2013 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Huh I like that this is kind of a continuation of Romeo & Juliet instead of just a modern rehashing. This sounds fun! I love the Romeo & Juliet with Claire Danes and Leo. haha Leave it to me, Miss. Not Read Any Classics to like the one R&J movie that a lot of people think is the worst. The soundtrack was kick ass!

February 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Yeah, most of them seem to be either retellings or to do crazy things, but still with R&J themselves. I like that this one will look into the aftermath.

Meh, I think it's the most entertaining R&J movie. The old one that critics love is boring as hell.

February 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Zenia said...

This sounds really good! And I love the cover.
*Adds to TBR list* thanks for sharing ;-)
My WoW

February 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger Nori said...

This actually sounds super different! I'd love to know what happens after the ill-fated couple is gone! Great pick.

February 13, 2013 at 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw that cover...its gorgeous. I might have to pick this up...solely for that cover lol.

February 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, very interesting! Instead of a re-do it's a continuation of the original story? I like that! Great pick!
My WoW Pick!!

February 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger Aly said...

I really like the premise of this. Romeo and Juliet is so tragic, and I hope that this has a happier ending lol :)
My WOW

February 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I love this cover and it sounds interesting, so I'm definitely going to check it out, even though I'm tired of thinking about R&J...for obvious reasons!

February 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Oooh that looks so good! I'm definitely adding it to my TBR list! Great pick :)

Here's my WoW!

February 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM  
Blogger The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I'm not the biggest fan of R&J but there are so many possibilities to play with the story that I'm interested in checking this one out.

February 13, 2013 at 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home